Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What I cooked last weekend...

Last weekend I made my meatball spaghetti sauce which takes less time then the spaghetti does to cook.

First I start with a little bit of olive oil a medium high heat and some onions and once that is sizzling I start squeezing in some good italian sausage. I stole that idea from Jamie Oliver here are Jamie's instructions: "Snip the sausages apart, then squeeze and pinch the meat out of the skins so that you get little meatball shapes – don’t make them too big or they will take too long to cook. Try to get at least three balls out of each sausage. Don’t worry about rolling them into perfect balls and making them look all fancy – rough and rustic is good! Put them into your pan. Keep frying and turning the meatballs until they’re golden brown and cooked through".

I make them much smaller I get 5-6 meatballs per sausage so I use about a sausage per person.

Once they are cooked through I add tomato sauce and garlic a pinch of oregano a dash of balsamic vinegar and if that doesn't sweeten the sauce enough I add a tsp of sugar.



If you have more time you can add veggies and let it simmer for a while longer. I make this sauce and put it on spaghetti for a quick meal and I usually make enough to use for slow cooker lasagna!

Yes lasagna in a slow cooker just raw noodles and an hour and a half in the slow cooker then turn it off and add cheese and serve when melted. Got that from Martha check out her recipe.


courtesy Martha Stewart

Every weekend I try to make a soup for our lunches or for a quick meal when I get home late and tired. This weekend I made MAGIC SOUP it is so delicious it tastes like one of the best Thai soups broth EVER (I have finally stopped my search for TOM YUM SOUP BROTH) so delicious in fact that there isn't any left at all for our week.






I found this recipe on The Kitchn try it it is so worth it!



Finally for something sweet I made some chocolate chip ROLO cookies mmmmmmmm.


Rolo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


You must try these they are bad very very bad but delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment