Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Art art I want you...Tanya Davis and Andrea Dorfman

Beauty is an End in Itself.


You know every Wednesday I do a post on Art and I always put a link in the word Art for this video I love. 



I just thought that I would re-post it on it's own because it is a work of art all by itself and I am afraid that it is being missed in my posts on art.

It is done by Andrea Dorfman for Tanya Davis' song: "Art art I want you". In the lyrics by Tanya Davis a Prince Edward Island native struggles with existential questions regarding Art.


Art Art I want you
I wondered what would be the worth of my words in the world
if i write them and then recite them are they worth being heard
just because i like them does that mean i should mic them
and see what might unfurl

i think of the significance of my opinions here

is it significant to be giving them does anybody care
just because I'm into this does that mean i should live like it
and really do i dare

art, art i want you

art you make it pretty hard not too
and my heart is trying hard here to follow you
but i can't always tell if i ought to

so i pondered the point of my art in this life

if i make it will someone take it and think it's genuine
will they be glad that i did 'cause they got something good out of it
will they leave me and be any more inspired

i question the outcome of the outpouring of myself

if i tell everyone my stories will this keep me healthy and well
will it give me purpose, to this world some sort of service
is it worth it, how can i tell


In my opinion Beauty is an End in itself and Tanya Davis if you ever read this your song has inspired me to pursue my own art and made me cry a little (tears of joy ofcourse)!

No comments:

Post a Comment