Tuesday, February 28, 2012

MY TOP TEN TIPS FOR GETTING OVER A BREAK UP!

My daughter who's twenty just went through a break up. It's really unfortunate that I can't make everything better like I used to so I got her a journal (that always helped me) and I decided to write all my tips for getting through heartache since I've had my share. I've asked her if I could share them with you and she said YEA Sure (she's doing much better) and a trip to Mexico tonight may be helping too number 8 of my TOP TEN TIPS!

"Don't worry you will find the answer if you let it go. Give yourself some time to falter. But don't forgo knowing that you're loved no matter what and everything will come around in time".
Lyrics from "Perfect Girl" by Sarah Maclachlan from the album Afterglow.




 1- Be your own best friend meet your own needs first. It will not only be good for you but it will make you more loving and compassionate with others too and if you can't remember how to be gentle with yourself just remember what you would do for or say to your best friend


2-Seek out old friends and hang out with them don't plan anything just be together spend the day cook something have tea talk or just be quiet together you can do that with old friends.


3- Make a list of everything that gives you joy without holding back. If you can't remember what that is than think of yourself as a child. What made you excited? Start with easy things like going swimming or swinging, connect with the simple things like a silly song you liked, dancing around, making a slip and slide.


4-When you're down look at your list and don't think about it too much just do something on you list that pops out at you.


5- Enjoy the moment. Despite the pain and sadness there are still plenty of beautiful moments to enjoy like a laugh with a sibling, a hug from your mom, a cuddle with a pet and sunlight on your face.


6-Crafts will save the world or at least you. In our family in times of hardship women gathered together and sat around and quilted or cut out sewing patterns, sewed eyes on a doll whatever craft was part of our everyday lives. DON'T SAY YOU DON'T HAVE A TALENT ANYBODY CAN DO A COLLAGE! Get a Bristol board and make one using images that inspire you. This will help in 2 ways: First while you're doing it you'll only be thinking of positive things or the task at hand and second by giving your positive intentions space and putting them out there in the universe some how opportunities are provided that wouldn't have been there if you didn't focus on the good things. JUST TRUST THIS.


7- Take a walk.


8-Go somewhere that you are unknown to everyone that way you're free to explore who you are without any expectations.


9-Bake something and share it.


10-If all else fails rent a 'feel good' movie. My suggestions: "Fried green tomatoes" (tawanda!), "How to make an American quilt", "Antonia's line".

Bonus tip! Remember! Worrying is like praying for what you don't want!


To Amelia you already know this is your song in my head...I've played it for you before ♥ love you and have a good trip:


Answer

I will be the answer
At the end of the line
I will be there for you
While you take the time
In the burning of uncertainty
I will be your solid ground
I will hold the balance
If you can't look down

If it takes my whole life
I won't break, I won't bend
It will all be worth it
Worth it in the end
Cause I can only tell you what I know
That I need you in my life
When the stars have all gone out
You'll still be burning so bright

Cast me gently
Into morning
For the night has been unkind
Take me to a
Place so holy
That I can wash this from my mind
The memory of choosing not to fight

If it takes my whole life
I won't break, I won't bend
It will all be worth it
Worth it in the end
'Cause I can only tell you what I know
That I need you in my life
When the stars have all burned out
You'll still be burning so bright

Cast me gently
Into morning
For the night has been unkind


Don't worry Mellie! You'll bounce back!

No comments:

Post a Comment