Thursday, June 13, 2013

On my quest to the best VEGGIE Burger EVER.

Sometimes I am just way too ambitious for my own good. 

Last weekend I decided that I would buy all the ingredients to make veggie burgers for every night of the week this week and make them all on Sunday.

Does that sound like too much? 

If not you're absolutely right it doesn't sound too bad. 

Every week I do a version of this Sunday blitz preparing and cutting veggies and fruit for the week as well as a few meals and possibly something baked without writing about it. The problem is I have a tendency to just to put too much on my "TO DO" list.

My husband always warns me "Now don't do too much!" and I say: "No no" with this faraway look and I always do.

I can safely say this time even if I did too much it was so worth it! Everything was delicious! I had complete dinners for every night of the week and even had enough to share with friends. 

This is one of the 5 veggie burgers I made. This one is from Oh she Glows that I shared with my friend Jen. It was served with sauteed mushrooms and onions and pickled mustard seeds another new recipe that I tried this week that I am thrilled with and some turnip fries that my cute husband had cut up over the weekend to help me out.

Photo credited to Jen from The Lady's Lounge


So last Sunday when I got up at 6 am veggie burgers were not the only thing on my mind. The first thing I made the pizza dough for the Sticky Buns and Cinnamon Rolls.

It was pretty good timing though since my really handsome husband got home from the night shift around seven am and I followed him around, drinking my coffee listening to his stories about work while I waited for my dough to rise.

Once my husband went to bed I got busy and when my teen son got up I greeted him with Hot Sticky Buns and coffee and sat with him with a yummy piece of leftover dough I had stuffed with chocolate chips and also shared that with him.  



Photo credited to Everyday Food Blog


When he went to his room satiated I got busy with my Tofu dishes. For lunch it was Sesame Crusted Tofu with Nuoc Cham from Alexandra's Kitchen absolutely delicious and we later used the tofu and Nuoc Cham in sandwiches during the week for our lunches.

 
Photo credited to Alexandra via her blog Alexandra's Kitchen


 For dinner my main inspiration for writing about my cooking over the weekend was this recipe I discovered that I absolutely must mention because it is life changing. 

Are you curious to know what it is? It is one of the most amazing dishes I've ever eaten: Bulgogi Style Tofu. It is now hands down my favorite meal!

  
Picture and recipe credited to Manifest Vegan

 

Now I'm not a stranger to tofu. I like it but it is not something that I consider tasty on it's own. I usually use it ground up in egg rolls or dim sum with cabbage, onions and carrots and lots of tamari, ginger and garlic for flavor or to roll in sushi to eat with some nice pickled ginger and wasabi.

I am telling you if that is what you think when you think of tofu well you absolutely need to try this recipe. 

 Tell me what you think if you do and I'll let you know the results of our veggie burger taste testing.

 Last but not least I want to tell you about one more thing. Blurb  the number one place to create books is now offering 15% off cookbooks. 


I will be creating one with all my favorite recipes how about you? If yes no need to go anywhere you can just click here and it will take you through the process step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment