Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Garden the beginning...

This is my garden! I decided to shape it in an "S" shape along the fence so that it would be easy to work in and be pretty at the same time. In general the rows have 3 plants in a row and some of the shorter, shrubbier plants like lettuce and cabbage are along the front as well as the marigolds to keep pests away.




It's not that impressive yet (especially with my photography skills) but I am patiently waiting for ALL my plants to grow.


I haven't bought lettuce or green onion or any spinach or swiss chard in a couple of weeks now.




Time to harvest the lettuce again but the cucumber, zucchini, cabbage, beets, red onions, peppers, peas, tomatoes, herbs, raspberries, strawberries, rhubarb and blackberries need more time.



Look at my green onions dwarfing the zinnia (behind the marigold) I planted.


My peas are flowering!



So are my peppers!


...and the zucchini (when I went this morning that flower was open).


This is the fruit section and I hope my scary bird topiary that my daughter got me at Pier 1 will stop the birds from raiding it.

 Mmmmmmmmm strawberries soon! The sweetest are in the fall during the second harvest.

I just planted this rhubarb a couple of weeks ago and it has already tripled in size. I can't wait until the zinnias are bigger. The marigolds smell so good! We have a cute little brown toad that comes to the garden at night to eat mosquitoes (Thank you Toad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment