Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tree houses brought to a whole new level

I found these incredible Tree Tents on Cool Hunting the other day.




Tree Tents provide an intriguing model for sustainable wildlife housing. Standard setups for Tree Tents start at £8,000 from Luminair

It does fulfill some childhood fantasies without a "childhood price". It would have to be a permanent set up to be worth it to me but can you imagine at one tenth the price of my house I would have this impossibly cool pretty private getaway because you couldn't exactly pack your family into it.

I love the spherical design and it has a two-fold purpose: to provide even load distribution for the suspension system and allow for natural rain runoff. Luminair also conceived of options for a wood stove, water and renewable electricity into the design. It could be my cottage on the East Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment